We appreciate the support of the community in helping us provide for the basic needs of the animals who find themselves in our care. Thank you so much! The dogs and cats especially thank you.
In a shelter environment, it is important for us to maintain a regular feeding schedule with the same food being fed on a consistent basis. Changing foods contributes to gastrointestinal distress, therefore we cannot utilize food donations that are not the ones we consistently use. Gastrointestinal distress is never a good thing, especially in a shelter environment. In regard to the other items, any brand, the least expensive the better. We do a lot of laundry and cleaning, as you may imagine.
Items that we need on a regular basis:
- Purina Dog Chow (green bag)
- Purina Cat Chow (blue bag)
- Purina Kitten Chow (yellow bag)
- Friskies pate cat food (wet, smooth consistency )
- Scoopable Cat Litter
- Monetary donations to our medical fund
Extras that the shelter dogs appreciate:
- Pup-Peroni or similar soft treats
- Milk Bones or similar hard treats